Wednesday 7 September 2016

So far, yet so close!

A magical night that purposely forgotten, a beautiful life how I chose to evade,
As a magnum of thoughts swallow me from within, this sinister mind almost had me persuade,
That this isn't love but another false trick maybe, that it was too sure of the hurt in trade,
And thus this heart shrunk quickly to it's smallest, holding back but myself wearing a happy masquerade,

I am nothing special either but a basic bloke, running away from the mistakes that I have made,
Giving in too early or maybe just going insane, I used to be a pure soul that soon got betrayed,
World does seem unfair to everyone not just me, picking fights with my own mind thy self thus weighed,
Shopping happiness but out of choice, looking away with your back at me but you stayed,

I asked my heart to let go and let be, this little sad thing but doesn't seem to persuade,
And it hopes for your return pity thing, shallow thoughts of separation that it desperately tries to wade,
The moon but barely shines from behind those clouds, the sky but seems to settle easily dissuade,
So far, yet so close, just a memory from the past, As i stood there all alone under the starry sky that seemed to fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment