Thursday 3 November 2016

Before we go.

But tonight the sky is different, and for once let it shine,
Be broke within yet be calm outside, be waiting for your sign,
A trumpet beginning to this love, sing of the moment I could call mine,
It's winter well before we know, the cold is charming and fine,

Somewhere in this moment and the magic, so lost and benign,
My shallow waters but sink me, drowning thoughts that twine,
A separation uninvited that tears me apart, my misery conveniently phrasing it divine,
Slowly slipping into its pain, the tears only help me be fine,

Let's then fix our way to love, let all our deepest sorrows resign,
Let our fears be let gone, let our hearts purposely realign,
A journey be towards the unknown, to a place we both can't define,
And before we go and be lost, be the alcohol in my glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment